Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Why Tulsi (Holy Basil) is planted at entrance of house?


Article : Sudhir Pai

As a child, I was fascinated with lot of things I observed around me. Some traditions were faith. Some were blind faith. And yet another had some scientific thinking.

I always used to wonder, why Tulsi (Holy Basil) is planted at entrance and worshipped. And I used to ask this question to lot of people and my elders and each one of them had their own version of story as they heard from their elders and friends.

But I was looking for a more scientific explantion until I met an engineer who had more interest in Ayurveda and Indian tradition and I felt his explanation was closest which answered my logical mind.

He first told me benefits of Tulsi plant and leaves which are as follows:

1) Tulsi plant emits oxygen in abundance.
2) Fights cancer.
3) Improves immunity.
4) Fights bacteria and viruses.
5) Useful in cold and cough.

Tulsi leaves can be boiled with tea and milk and drink for healthier life.

You can google and youtube for more information.

Bottom line - Tulsi plant at entrance was a reminder to take (eat tulsi leaves) daily dose of immunity before you go for outdoor work, so that you always remain immune to external harmful viruses and stay healthy.

So, eat tulsi leaves for a good health.

For inspiring books, individual counselling or group seminars contact WA on 9820073993 (Mumbai - India)


No comments:

Post a Comment